Las Vegas Attorney for Estate Tax Planning
Estate and transfer tax planning, especially with the income estate and gift tax exemptions, have shifted to the income taxation of estates and trusts due to increased tax rates. As for estate planning, the focus has shifted to incentive trusts designed to reward children for certain life accomplishments. Likewise, we provide increased asset protection safeguards from divorces, financial irresponsibility, and our litigious society, in which those with significant assets are targeted.
At the Law Offices of David A. Straus, we deal with income, gift, and estate tax issues, but also with the “softer side” of estate planning. Focusing solely on taxes is myopic, and may miss important family dynamics that need to be addressed. Of course, we want to control the social capitol of your estate, and have the techniques to do so.
How Do We Address Your Estate Planning Needs and Accommodate Family Dynamics?
Our lawyer has been drafting trusts and estate plans for clients in Nevada for over twenty-five years. He has an LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation in addition to his LL.M in Entertainment and Media Law, and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), only licensed in Illinois.
We have a full understanding of state and federal tax laws, and have methods to deal with interpersonal relationships in family situations. We are committed to crafting estate plans that are customized individually for each of our clients. Some of the methods that we use to protect your assets from unjustified lawsuits and legally avoidable estate, gift, and income taxes imposed on trusts and estates include:
- Nevada spendthrift trusts — designed to protect your assets
- Special needs trusts — designed to protect children who have medical or physical disabilities
- Charitable trusts — designed to reduce the estate taxes that will be imposed and to accomplish charitable goals
- Gifting trusts — designed to accomplish desires to accommodate the needs of children, and subsequent generations, during the life of the senior generation
- Revocable living trusts — designed to avoid probate and assist those who become incapacitated and wish to avoid conservatorship or guardianship court involvement in their lives
- Dynasty/generation-skipping trusts — Estate planning is the planning of one’s life that allows a person to maintain dignity during the end years of his or her life, and to bestow property to loved ones with minimal red tape, sensitivity, government involvement, and expenses.
Schedule a Complimentary Initial Consultation with Attorney David A. Straus
Our Las Vegas lawyer has extensive experience, and is proactive and creative in tax planning for estates of all sizes with all different wealth levels. Please email or call our Las Vegas office at 702-474-4500 to schedule a one-on-one meeting at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.